Paragon Publishing Inc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A resource for original games, stories, artwork, and other creative pursuits.

3 posters

The Noodle Incident

psychoticbarber
    psychoticbarber
    Dancer
    Dancer

Coins : 55

Bardic Talents
    Art:
    The Noodle Incident Left_bar_bleue1/10The Noodle Incident Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)
    Lore:
    The Noodle Incident Left_bar_bleue5/10The Noodle Incident Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
    Music:
    The Noodle Incident Left_bar_bleue5/10The Noodle Incident Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)

The Noodle Incident Empty The Noodle Incident

Post  psychoticbarber Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:59 pm

A Noodle Incident is an incident from the character's past which is hinted at but not explained. Often it refers to an incident too ridiculous or silly for words, where no real explanation can do it justice.

The term comes from an occasionally-recurring joke in Calvin and Hobbes, wherein Hobbes makes a casual reference to Calvin regarding the "noodle incident," and Calvin's response suggests something absolutely insane occurred.

The Noodle Incident Noodle-incident
    (Copyright of image belongs to Bill Watterson)

Amazingly enough, this can be a lot of fun to do with RPG characters as well. Take this scene drawn from my twisted imagination:

The whole group of them laughed raucously as Alisa, the newest member of the crew, looked on with silent bemusement. Marric chuckled cruelly, taking a sip of his beer as he leaned forwards and said, "You know Doc, that kind of reminds me of that week on Tau Ceti IV."

Doc stopped laughing, slamming his beer down on the table a little harder than one might expect. "Look, we agreed not to talk about Tau Ceti IV," he snarled. He paused, and took a deep breath before sheepishly adding, "Besides, they assured me those Denebian Brain Slugs were completely legit."

What happened on Tau Ceti IV with the apparently illegitimate Denebian Brain Slugs? Damned if I know. It might come out, someday, but for now I have an embarrassing history which I might want to try to keep quiet, there's a little bit of a berserk button to push, and everybody else is going to be entertained by wondering exactly what I was doing with illegitimate Denebian Brain Slugs.
    Silverwolfmoon
    Silverwolfmoon
    Paragon
    Paragon

Coins : 143

Bardic Talents
    Art:
    Lore:
    The Noodle Incident Left_bar_bleue2/10The Noodle Incident Empty_bar_bleue  (2/10)
    Music:
    The Noodle Incident Left_bar_bleue3/10The Noodle Incident Empty_bar_bleue  (3/10)

The Noodle Incident Empty Re: The Noodle Incident

Post  Silverwolfmoon Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:13 am

(It wasn't so much the slugs as ... where they wouldn't go Wink ) LOL Razz Guess you had to be there!
    lordrahvin
    lordrahvin
    Paragon
    Paragon

Coins : 161

Bardic Talents
    Art:
    The Noodle Incident Left_bar_bleue3/10The Noodle Incident Empty_bar_bleue  (3/10)
    Lore:
    Music:
    The Noodle Incident Left_bar_bleue2/10The Noodle Incident Empty_bar_bleue  (2/10)

Post  lordrahvin Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:59 am

lol I like this post! Razz

My friend Jeff and I do this a lot with his characters. Actually, we just have the habit of doing this in general as part of our usual interactions. He's always coming up to me for zany stuff about his character, saying stuff like "well, it makes sense though! Why can't I do that?" and I'm like "Remember what happened last time when you built that device and you almost destroyed space/time?" and he's like "oooh.... yeah... Hey, I fixed it, right?" "Yeah, but its never quite worked right since."
    Silverwolfmoon
    Silverwolfmoon
    Paragon
    Paragon

Bardic Talents
    Art:
    Lore:
    Music:

Post  Silverwolfmoon Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:50 am

Guys! Guys! Stop.. Seriously remember the last time you argued while we were on Ariel trying to break into Saint Lucy's? The Noodle Incident Icon_rolleyes I think I STILL have a bullet in me from that "fun"!

(for psycho--this is a highly unveiled reference to a planet and location in the show Firefly, which happens to be my favorite show and from what I hear is right near LordRahvin's top also Wink )

Last edited by Silverwolfmoon on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    psychoticbarber
    psychoticbarber
    Dancer
    Dancer

Coins : 55

Bardic Talents
    Art:
    The Noodle Incident Left_bar_bleue1/10The Noodle Incident Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)
    Lore:
    Music:

Post  psychoticbarber Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:12 am

You guys remember the time I was in on the inside jokes? That was great The Noodle Incident Icon_sad .

Wink ...teasing, of course.
    Silverwolfmoon
    Silverwolfmoon
    Paragon
    Paragon

Bardic Talents
    Art:
    Lore:
    Music:

Post  Silverwolfmoon Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:23 pm

I remember the last time we let you in on the inside jokes psycho--and I'm sure the dog's hair will grow back any time now Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:22 am