Paragon Publishing Inc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A resource for original games, stories, artwork, and other creative pursuits.

3 posters

Plaything: The Unwrapping

psychoticbarber
    psychoticbarber
    Dancer
    Dancer

Coins : 55

Bardic Talents
    Art:
    Plaything: The Unwrapping Left_bar_bleue1/10Plaything: The Unwrapping Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)
    Lore:
    Plaything: The Unwrapping Left_bar_bleue5/10Plaything: The Unwrapping Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
    Music:
    Plaything: The Unwrapping Left_bar_bleue5/10Plaything: The Unwrapping Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)

Plaything: The Unwrapping Empty Plaything: The Unwrapping

Post  psychoticbarber Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:17 am

I'd love to get something going, even just with us, using this simple system for a Toy-Story like game created by Lore Sjoberg. You can find the game here. If you have any way to get dice tags for the forums, that would be awesome. What sort of forum style are you using, I might be able to look for a mod for you.
    lordrahvin
    lordrahvin
    Paragon
    Paragon

Coins : 161

Bardic Talents
    Art:
    Plaything: The Unwrapping Left_bar_bleue3/10Plaything: The Unwrapping Empty_bar_bleue  (3/10)
    Lore:
    Music:
    Plaything: The Unwrapping Left_bar_bleue2/10Plaything: The Unwrapping Empty_bar_bleue  (2/10)

Plaything: The Unwrapping Empty Re: Plaything: The Unwrapping

Post  lordrahvin Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:27 am

The dice should be working. I've only got d6s in there until I need something else.

Okay, so here's its first test. I hope this works. Magic die bot, make me 4 dice rolls!!!

lordrahvin carried out 4 launched of one Plaything: The Unwrapping Iconerolador (d6.) :
    Plaything: The Unwrapping 103px-D6_3svg , Plaything: The Unwrapping 103px-D6_2svg , Plaything: The Unwrapping 103px-D6_1svg , Plaything: The Unwrapping 103px-D6_3svg

Okay, the dice are functional. I can add more dice if we need them. If we get some pictures of dice we can even have picture results of the rolls... or maybe custom images based on the game. ("Death dice" could display a skull on a roll of 1, or a heart on any other result, for example.) However we want to do it, but this is functional for now.

There are some edit safeguards to prevent cheating but they aren't working right at the moment. Or maybe they're not working right for administrators...? More testing will be required.
    psychoticbarber
    psychoticbarber
    Dancer
    Dancer

Coins : 55

Bardic Talents
    Art:
    Plaything: The Unwrapping Left_bar_bleue1/10Plaything: The Unwrapping Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)
    Lore:
    Music:

Post  psychoticbarber Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:53 pm

psychoticbarber carried out 1 launched of one Plaything: The Unwrapping Iconerolador (d6.) :
    Plaything: The Unwrapping 103px-D6_1svg

Testing...

Edit: Cool! I know if you wanted to GM it, or if I should... I don't have a huge ton of time right now, but the system is pretty simple (amazingly simple, actually)... but I think a silly little game like this will get us into the right mindset for the kind of fun we can have at these forums.
    lordrahvin
    lordrahvin
    Paragon
    Paragon

Coins : 161

Bardic Talents
    Art:
    Plaything: The Unwrapping Left_bar_bleue3/10Plaything: The Unwrapping Empty_bar_bleue  (3/10)
    Lore:
    Music:
    Plaything: The Unwrapping Left_bar_bleue2/10Plaything: The Unwrapping Empty_bar_bleue  (2/10)

Post  lordrahvin Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:38 pm

Okay, the dice tags are removed to prevent cheating by going back and
    editing your post. It's been replaced with a "Roll Dice" feature at the
    bottom, below the smileys. This feature should not show up if you go
    back to edit your post.

Also, I added graphics for all the dice. They're a bit larger than I like, but I'll worry about that later.

Testing...

Requesting 2 dice, please...

Edit: Excellent. The pseudo-bot did his job, and rolled some dice for me after my post. Now I can't just go back and edit them. Ironically, I listed Silverwolfmoon as the Games Master, so it shows her name for all dice rolls. Maybe we should list a fake user as the Games Master, like "Die Roller" or "Games Master"?

Edit: I wonder if she gets Coins for that...

Last edited by lordrahvin on Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Silverwolfmoon
    Silverwolfmoon
    Paragon
    Paragon

Coins : 143

Bardic Talents
    Art:
    Lore:
    Music:

Post  Silverwolfmoon Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:38 pm

The member 'lordrahvin' has done the following action : Roll Dice

'd6' :
    Plaything: The Unwrapping Iconerolador
    Result :
    Plaything: The Unwrapping 103px-D6_5svg Plaything: The Unwrapping 103px-D6_5svg

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:39 am